25th annual Brigantine Triathlon.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
The event starts at 8am, Rain or shine.
The Brigantine Triathlon attracts over 750 competitors each year, from more than 20 different states. It’s open to individuals and three-member relay teams that must endure a quarter mile swim, an 11 mile bike, followed by a 4 mile run.
DAY BEFORE SCHEDULE - Fri., Aug. 3
Brigantine Community Center on 42nd street
- Race Packet pickup: 5:30p – 7:30p in the gym
- Pasta party 5:30-7:30p in the dining room
- Concert at 8p in the gym
DAY OF SCHEDULE Sat., Aug 4
- 5a – 7:30a Packet pick up – 26th street dock
- 6a-7:30a Check-in/Body marking
- 7:45a – 8a Briefing by event director
- 8a Race Start/ Bay Swim
- 11a Course closure
- Swim cap is supplied & required to be worn
- Helmet for biking is required to be worn
- NOT a USAT sanctioned event
- Wet suits are allowed
- No drafting
- Aid stations are along the race route
- Results posted on Compuscore.com
- No electronic devices allowed
Awards Ceremony and Buffet following the Race - at the 26th Street Recreation Complex (26th & Brigantine Boulevard)
Here’s a video clip of the race, from 2010.