The BRIGANTINE TAXPAYERS ASSOCIATION gathered facts about the salaries of Brigantine public employees. These numbers are dated Sept 15 2016, and were provided by City Clerk Sweeney. We think they have serious omissions and errors, but we want to share them nonetheless.
This public record highlights how Brigantine City Council allocates public tax dollars. 70% of those dollars come from 2nd homeowners who have no representation.
CLICK > Brigantine Employee Pay List
2016 – Brigantine Municipal Facts & Employee Salary
- 2010 Brigantine census number was 9,450. By 2013, Brigantine’s population declined to 9,406. Projections suggest 2016 population numbers have plummeted to 8,750.
- Brigantine employee count increased from 2015 to 2016. City says by two. We believe that number is closer to 8.
- City records data provided show that 32 Brigantine employees made $100,000+ in annual salary. We have conflicting reports that show higher number of those who make 100k+.
- City Clerk did not provide hourly wages, wages for seasonal employees and legal salaries. Clerk also didn’t provide overtime, employee health plan ($2.4 million) and pension and insurance contributions made by the City for employees.
- Longevity pay still exists in Brigantine. It’s an expensive payment made simply for staying on the job. Total longevity bonus was a whopping $355,000 in 2015.
- 65% of each Brigantine taxpayer dollar goes to public employee compensation.