Brigantine Beach, where reality and logic are on a perpetual vacation, especially when 70% of the taxpayers are not around and the Links at Brigantine Golf is being discussed.
On Wednesday night, March 4, after Simpson and company took a few cheap shots at Ron Jaworski’s character, the Brigantine councilman presented his ‘Jaworski Alternative’; a confusing and half-baked non-profit plan that’s influenced by the controversial municipal golf course in Egg Harbor TWP called McCulloughs Emerald Links. See EHT Emerald Links Story Here
- Residents find out that The Links are currently assessed at approx 6 million. A more accurate assessment is well under 2 mil.
- Taxpayers still on the hook in this non-profit concept. This potential non-profit may be able to avoid prevailing wage, competitive bidding, constraints & restrictions, etc.
- Non-profit board would be appointed by council majority. Simpson & Auditor Leon Costello would be on that board.
- Credit line of $300k would be immediately sought for operations. Taxpayers would be the collateral to secure that loan/credit line.
- Liquor license and Food & Beverage concession is in play.
- Mayor Guenther mentioned concerns from golf course residents: losing ability to use course for walking dogs, jogging, sledding, cheap rounds, games, ball playing, etc.
Listen to Harry Hurley 1450am for EHT McCulloughs Emerald Links background here: