Shocker? Not really. Just business as usual in Brigantine. Mayor Guenther and Councilman Simpson do back-room Brigantine Golf Course deal. Food & Beverage concession w/ liquor license quietly awarded to Brigantine Public Works employee; Mad Dog Morgan.
Speaking of liquor licenses…. Did our former ABC liaison (Police Chief Reed) overlook background check on process involving City of Brigantine letting 3rd party (Meadowbrook Golf Management) do separate deal with Mad Dog Morgan that included liquor sales? Many were outraged to hear this deal was quietly signed behind closed doors. This type of transaction is normally disclosed to public…and put out to public bid…. especially since the Food & Bev concession of the Golf Course is a city asset…. that includes a liquor license.
WATCH VIDEO >>
- Mayor Guenther and Councilman Simpson carved out the profitable food/beverage/catering business from Golf course, and quietly awarded it to a city employee…..at no charge?
- Brigantine Taxpayers are now left with money losing portion of this deal….the actual Links Golf Course. Brig taxpayers, as per usual, will handle all expenses associated with supporting golf course…..which directly helps Mad Dog Morgan’s running of the restaurant, bar & catering facilities.
- Any Food & Bev MONEY / PROFIT made by Mad Dog …..will NOT go to the city or taxpayers.
QUESTION: How did Brigantine Democrats allow…or miss activity by Mayor Guenther & Councilman Simpson to OK deal where Meadowbrook Golf Management can do their own deal with Mad Dog Morgan? Dems kept in dark?
AN EVEN BIGGER QUESTION: Why Didn’t City Solicitor SCERNI oversee contract between Meadowbrook and Mad Dog Morgan? FACT: Solicitor Scerni never even saw the contract.
ANOTHER BIG QUESTION: Why didn’t Police Chief Reed assign his ABC liaison to background check the Meadowbrook & Mad Dog liquor license / concessionaire deal? Chief Reed certainly checked liquor license transfer from COVE builder; MIKE SNYDER.
And have you noticed? Links at Brigantine Golf never reports on detail of revenues, they just provide one simple number. Instead..they should provide some detail on this revenue. EX: break out revenue for golf rounds, food, liquor and pro shop sales, etc.
- Did City auditor take a really good look at golf course expenses and revenues? We think not. We also think this monkey business spooked Jaworski.
- Do Brigantine taxpayers foot the bill for stocking all the retail items in Golf Course pro shop… like shirts, golf balls, hats, tees, clubs, cigars? We think so.
- Does profit from sales of these pro shop items go back into city coffers? We’re not sure. We never get to see the break out. But we doubt it.
Lisa McClay & Brigantine Democrats better step up and do their duty. They gotta dig into this stuff. If they continue to sit idly by…..and allow this stuff to happen, then we feel the Brig Dems could be seen as complicit in this highly unethical……and potentially actionable activity.