Police Chief Stone reports that Brigantine will “Trick or Treat” & “Trunk or Treat” on Monday, November 5, from 4p til 6 PM. at the the Brigantine Community Center
After a long week of Hurricane Sandy, we could all use some family fun, huh?
Brigantine will show just how strong it is, by gearing up for some spooky fun and creepy calling this Monday night.
Some tips to enjoy SAFE trick or treating in Brigantine:
- Wear light-colored clothing, short enough to prevent tripping
- Add reflective tape
- Make sure children can see well through face mask, or use make up.
- Adults should accompany young children.
- Go out in daylight, carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Stay within neighborhood, visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy
- Examine all candy before eating
- Keep costumed children away from pets.
- Pet may not recognize the child and become frightened.
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords.
- Substitute with foam rubber which is soft and flexible.
- NO open flames (lit candles) in jack-o-lanterns.
- Instruct children to stay away from lit pumpkins , as most costumes, false hair, etc., are usually flammable.
CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY IF ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS IS DETECTED.
Finally a word to motorists please be extremely careful and watchful for all pedestrian traffic on Halloween night.
Following these guidelines will ensure a SAFE and FUN Halloween for All!