Brigantine City Council Meeting. Along with the usual agenda items (download here), we expect public comments to feature some of the following topics:
- The need for more transparency in spending taxpayer dollars and OPRA activity.
- Will Mayor clarify past statements in regards to part-time resident voting issues?
- Unfunded taxpayer liability for public employee retirement
- Does Brigantine Triathlon operate at profit or loss for city? Who runs that popular annual event?
- Too common for Brigantine public employees to threaten litigation?
- Brigantine Fire Department Overtime authorization procedure. Will investigation proceed?
- Status of Fire Department contracts. Sticking points and potential arbitration. See current Brigantine Firefighters contract here
- Brigantine FD captain & Union chief Tige Platt ‘feels safe’ with the volunteer firefighters where he lives in Absecon, but feels part-time firefighters will be bad idea for Brigantine. (According to statement he made at recent city council meeting)
According to MAY 9, 2014 ad placed in the Beachcomber News: 25 Brigantine Fire Dept. employees make over $100,000. The following Brigantine public union employees were noted as top earners:
- Weidner $142, 208
- Bordanaro $138,796
- Platt $136,639
- Maguire $133,998
- Reed, P $120, 959
- Baldwin $119,322
- Solari $118,865
- Frugoli, P $113,441
- Sooy $108,982
Brigantine Taxpayers Association Statement.
WATCH VIDEO: Brigantine Fire Department captains discuss part-time firefighters:
Councilman Pullella Statement
WATCH VIDEO: Mayor of Brigantine corrected by Councilmen DeLucry & Kern: un-funded liability
WATCH VIDEO: Investigation request: Overtime Issues
WATCH VIDEO: Part-timer Voting Issues
WATCH VIDEO: Brigantine Union Rep; Platt. Story smacked down by City Manager
WATCH VIDEO: Who Approves Overtime?