Dangerous Brigantine Dune Fires
The Brigantine Fire Chief, Tiger Platt, agrees with Mayor Andy ‘Simp’ Simpson. Dune fires are a real threat to the island and it’s inhabitants. Councilmen Sera and Rierden agree.
Good thing a small handful of beachfront residents are paying $300 bucks a pop, to do their part in saving lives and property on Brigantine Island.
Brigantine City Council Video
Even though dune fires are incredibly rare and quickly contained ( according to long term residents ), this has been determined to be the key reason why the city is selling permits that allow residents to hack, cut, stump and whack at the public dune system…..that just so happens to be blocking their water view.
Interesting to note that Stu Farrell of the Stockton Coastal Research Center has blessed this activity. Of course, Mr. Farrell is well paid to be agreeable with those who pay him for his so-called expertise.
- Brigantine City Council Meeting Summary: Dec. 3, 2014
- Refund: Dune Carve-Out in Brigantine. DEP Duped?
- Simpson & Guenther OK Brigantine Homeowners Carving Back Dune System
- Guenther & Simpson OK Brigantine Dune Destruction by Homeowners
- Council OK’s Homeowner Dune Maintenance in Brigantine. DEP in Dark?
- Brigantine’s Mayor Simpson Faces Heat Over Private Dune Hacking Permits
- Brigantine City Council Looks To Hide Controversial Dune Maintenance Activity
- Brigantine Fire Chief Warns of Dune Fire Dangers. Handful of Residents Responsible for Protecting Island.