After a long day at the beach, Brigantine sun worshipers get hungry. These are a few of the MUST VISIT eateries for Summer 2014….
- Martorano’s Italian-American Kitchen. Harrahs. Steve Martorano; nephew of late Philly mobster Raymond “Long John” Martorano is opening a restaurant at Harrah’s specializing in the South Philly Italian-American cuisine. Dishes include his eggplant stack, Sunday pork gravy with rigatoni, meatballs and, of course, South Philly cheesesteaks. Expect to hear the word “Cuz” a lot and see “Rocky” and “Goodfellas” on the TV screens in the restaurant. Opening date: July 4 weekend. Read More
- Bally’s old school Italian eatery Buca di Beppo. The family-style restaurant, owned by Planet Hollywood will offer traditional Italian classics, including its signature half pound meatballs and dishes with an Atlantic City twist. Read More
- Borgata Baking Company: a quick-serve bakery and restaurant. The former White House pastry chef creates creamy gelato, french macaroons, napoleons, whoopie pies…. and cheesesteaks made on fresh-baked croissants; a Jersey version of a Sloppy Joe: corned beef, cheese, pastrami, cole slaw; chili and corn bread served in a mason jar. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24 hours on the weekend.
- Guy Fieri Chophouse: The star of “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” will open a steakhouse at Bally’s Atlantic City. Slated to open “early summer,” Guy Fieri’s Chophouse will feature Fieri’s unique twist on the classic steakhouse. The menu will have a Jersey flair: java-rubbed ribeye chop, filet with roasted garlic and brown butter, spicy Bloody Mary jumbo cocktail, Jersey Shore clams casino, Jersey tomato salad and Cape May fried flounder. Opening date: early summer. Read More
- Bella Luna Brigantine. Johanna V. from Furlong, PA says: Brigantine doesn’t have a ton of restaurants but a fair amount of pizza options. Bella Luna is by far the best of all. The “large” is bigger than any others and the “extra large” are 24 inches. The flavor of the pizza is great and they have tons of choices. Best of all, they have delicious Mexican food so you don’t have to compromise if spouse wants his Burritos. The empanadas are delicious. www.BellaLunaBrigantine.com
- Gilchrist; Gardners Basin. What people are saying: “The blueberry pancakes were obviously homemade, huge, and with real blueberries… Nice treat.” “The omelette was great and the home fries were right-sized crispy potato chunks (the perfect way to make them). Scrapple was perfectly cooked and I love how they do their potatoes. Directions to Gilchrist
- Relish. Revel Casino Hotel. With its round-the-clock hours and a menu dotted with everything from Buffalo Wings to Chicken Pot Pie, you’ll find exactly what you’re craving, exactly when you’re craving it. It’s the perfect place to kick off your morning, refuel midday, meet friends for dinner or satisfy those late night munchies. Open 24 Hours a Day. Relish Daily Specials: $3.99 Breakfast: 6AM – Noon, $9.99 Steak & Shrimp: Noon –Midnight, $4.99 Burgers: Noon – Midnight.