General election info for Brigantine full & part-time residents. Yes, you heard right. Part-time residents can legally cast their vote in Brigantine, (if you qualify) and you can do it easily by casting your vote by mail. Oct 14 is the deadline for voter registration. OCT 28 is the last day to apply for a mail-in ballot by mail.
Why should part-time residents vote in Brigantine? Well, have you noticed your tax bill? Maybe you were aware of alleged overtime abuses by public employees? (32 now making over $100k with hefty pensions) City website security breaches. Over 30 empty businesses on the island. The current mayor has been ruling for 22 years. He wants 26. Maybe all of that will encourage you to legally cast your vote in Brigantine?
70% of Brigantine taxpayers are finally stepping up. Hold everybody’s feet to the fire. Both parties being held accountable in how they spend taxpayer dollars. Brigantine is getting better. But first, a little house cleaning is needed.
Want to cast your vote in Brigantine this November? Some easy steps to follow:
#1. Register to Vote
- CLICK HERE: Download or Attain NJ Voter Registration Form
- Fill out the voter registration form and send / mail voter to the Board of Election, NOT the Brigantine City Clerk.
- You need to be a Brigantine homeowner for at least 30 days prior to election
- NJ driver’s license is not mandatory. Last four digits of SS# will suffice for registration purposes.
- If casting vote at polls, acceptable ID (if asked) includes bills and/or piece of letter/mail addressed to registered voter at their Brigantine domicile.
- Registered voter will only be permitted to vote in one location.
- Registered voter chooses which of their homes is ‘domicile’ for voting purposes.
#2. Apply for Mail-in Ballot
- Download application for mail-in ballot: CLICK HERE: Voter-Mail-in-Ballot
- You must be a registered voter in order to apply for a Mail-In Ballot.
- Once you apply for a Mail-In Ballot, you will not be permitted to vote by machine at your polling place in the same election.
- You will receive instructions with your ballot.
- Your Mail-In Ballot must be received by the County Board of Election before close of polls on Election Day.
- Do not submit more than one application for the same election.
- Edward P. McGettigan , Atlantic County Clerk
- 5901 Main Street
- Mays Landing, NJ 08330-1797
A voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by mail up to 7 days prior to the election. He or she may also apply in person to the County Clerk until 3 P.M. the day before the election. Note also that voters have an option of indicating on an application for a Mail-In Ballot that they would prefer to receive a ballot for each election that takes place during the remainder of the calendar year. Voters also now have an option of automatically receiving a Mail-In Ballot for each General Election. If such voter no longer wants this option, the County Clerk’s office must be notified in writing
#3. Cast your vote by mail.
We believe voting “absentee” will be best for part-time residents of Brigantine.