Going strong for the past 12 years, the 2018 edition of RIPTIDE’s SPRING STRIPER DERBY will start on Thursday, March 1 at 12:01 am. It ends Sunday May 20, 2018 at 12:00 pm. The derby raises money for local charities. It also keeps the front beaches open, so anglers can access them by vehicle. A $25.00 entry fee is required to join the fun.
Brigantine Striper Fishing.
Cash prizes going to the 3 biggest stripers and blue fish.
The derby permit, along with a valid Brigantine 4×4 permit, allows you to drive the front beach of Brigantine. Want to fish the north end beaches? You’ll need the new State permit. ($50-$75)
Blood worms now in stock, along with frozen bait. Striper season starting in Brigantine.
- You MUST have a valid Brigantine Beach 4×4 permit along with a Riptide Fall Striper Derby Pass to drive the entire front beach of Brigantine.
- You MUST have a valid State North End permit to drive the North End.
- Stripers and blues must be caught between Absecon Inlet and Wreck Inlet (inclusive) on the beach, sod bank, or jetty (does not include the AC jetties).
- Stripers must be 28″ inches or bigger, and measured at Riptide Bait and Tackle in Brigantine.
- Must enter 24 hours before weighing in a fish
Cash prizes for the 3 biggest fish.
Weight will determine the winners with length, then girth, as tie breakers.
- $500.00 for 1st prize
- $300.00 for 2nd prize
- $150.00 for 3rd prize
Questions? Call Riptide Bait and Tackle (609) 264-0440.
Riptide management reserves the right to make final decisions on all aspects of the tournament. Cash prizes will be awarded after the conclusion of the tournament, at Riptide Bait & Tackle.