At the recent Brigantine City Council (9/3/2014) Citizen Watchdog; John Pucci asked council if they thought it was OK to have a large sign at the entrance to Brigantine promoting the controversial Shoobie Tuesday party.
Pucci; a military veteran, calls it a ‘slap in the face’. Watch Video Below.
Mr. Pucci cited a city ordinance stating that no billboards or signs are allowed from the bottom of the bridge…to the lighthouse circle. City Manager Blumenthal replied by saying the Shoobie Tuesday sign was on private property, therefore she had no jurisdiction to ask them to remove it.
Some asked: who’s property is the sign located on? ‘We want to place a billboard too. We want to advertise our local business along that busy entrance to Brigantine….and it looks like Brigantine can do absolutely nothing about it.’
Mayor defends party as harmless ‘end of summer’ party.
Many asked…why not call it an ‘end of summer party?’ The Legion will be discussing this issue at their next meeting.
Shoobie Tuesday Sign on Public Property? Slap in the Face? WATCH VIDEO
Photos from Beach Comber News
- Items of note: Still no meeting minutes for 2014.
- City website still owned by city employee at private, non-Brigantine address.
- Still unknown who decides which business gets promoted, or rejected.
- Still unknown who performs background check on each business
- City still promoting OUT OF TOWN & closed businesses on City Website http://bb-nj.com/
The Links at Brigantine Golf Course, beaches and other unique attractions of our island should bring in some much needed revenue. Brigantine Beach needs to upgrade it’s management of digital assets too