WATCH LIVE ONLINE? The Brigantine City Council suffered another ‘glitch’ on Wed DEC 3rd, as the Internet broadcast of the scheduled meeting was ‘unavailable’. This latest breakdown of city communications has part-time residents in an uproar. Phone lines to City Hall were swamped with callers looking for their council-cast. City webmaster/Police Chief; Tim Reed was unavailable for comment. Mayor Guenther suggests that all taxpayers should attend meetings live and in-person. The 70% of Brigantine Taxpayers that are part-time residents were less than thrilled about that suggestion.
On the agenda to be discussed: Resolution to return $6,500 to beachfront resident. Tax assessment may be lowered if Mayor & City engineer can prevail. Extension of Farmers Market season for Summer 2015.
Not on agenda, but to be discussed during public comment:
- Ron Jaworski deal with City for Brigantine Links Golf Course
- Meeting (12/3) with School Boards of Atlantic City & Ventnor in regards to shared services
- Lighthouse Circle property owned by developer Mike Snyder. Will City buy, borrow or trade for that waterfront lot?
- BB-NJ website still being controlled by unconfirmed entities.
- City plan for attracting new business to Brigantine. How to fill 40 empty storefronts.
- Updated requirements for any non-profit that uses city facilities.
- Status of property sale: Community Center / Saint Phillip convent