Info on New Jersey Summer Flounder or “Fluke” has been announced for the 2014 season.
- Summer Flounder Season: May 23-September 27. Limit of 5 Fish. Minimum of 18 inches. Anything smaller, ya gotta throw back.
- Sea Bass – 12 ½” size limit, 15 fish bag limit from 5/19 – 6/30, 3 fish bag limit from 7/1 –8/31, 15 fish bag limit from 9/1 – 9/6 and a 15 fish bag limit from 10/18 – 12/31
Brigantine Beach has some of the best fishing in South Jersey. Flounder, Striped Bass and King Fish are just a few of the beauties that a fisherman can snag from our clean waters. Fishing Areas on Brigantine Beach:
- North of 14th Street North
- 45th Street – 47th Street
- 49th Street (north of Seaside Road)
- South of Jetty (Absecon Inlet)
- Brigantine Bridge
Download PDF of 2014 NJ Fishing Size & Possession Chart
Brigantine has a long, fishable jetty on the south end, over looking the Revel Casino Hotel and Absecon Inlet. 4×4 beach access is available with permit. Brigantine fishing is great on the north end, and anglers enjoy a whole lot of fishable waters in-between as well.
Regulations remain in effect until changed. For info on salt water regulation changes, call the “listen-only” line at 609-292-2083. Marine Fisheries staff can be contacted at 609-748-2020. 2014 NJ Recreational Minimum Size, Possession Limits & Seasons. Fish are measured from tip of snout to tip of tail (except Black Sea Bass and Sharks). Cleaning or filleting of fish with a minimum size limit while at sea is prohibited. See the Marine Fishing Issue of the NJ Fish & Wildlife Digest or New Jersey Fish & Wildlife website for exceptions. Please check the Division of Fish and Wildlife website for the most up to date information. Download the easy-to read guide to Fishing regulations: NJ Saltwater Fishing Regulations Learn how to tie Fishing Knots