It’s been reported that Brigantine officials have successfully banned another ‘Fun’ attraction along our shorelines. The very popular ‘Water Weenie’ found at the COVE for the past few summers, has been forced out of it’s convenient location on the beach.
Recently, NBC 10 TV covered another food vendor issue in Brigantine. Why do kids have to cross a busy street for Ice Cream in Brigantine?
RIP Water Weenie. We will miss you. What do you think? Place your comments below.
Water Weenie Comments:
- Lynn Sweeney: Why? Did they violate health codes? In an extremely poor economy people put there trying to make a living and once again politics and corrupt Government screws the voters. Y’all should be ashamed!
- Alex Brigden: I’m fairly certain that this is collateral damage due to ice cream being sold on a raft at the Cove. You can’t shut one down and not the other. This is a shame. Many people rely upon The Weenie for food on the weekends. My kids always looked forward to getting water ice during the days too. The owners are great people and don’t deserve this. Way to go Brigantine, you screwed this whole situation up big time.
- Mick Bodine I wonder which Democrat council member has a business interest that is in conflict with this guy? That always seems to be the case when you dig a little deeper.
- Taylor Cena: Wasn’t the water weenie owned by current city worker or workers over last 10 years or so? Brig needs to update all vendor rules. But also keep in mind local businesses that hire workers and pay taxes to city……balance & common sense needed.
- Chuck Palmer Sr. They are killing this island.
- Martha Singh: Let”s make Brigantine as unfriendly as we can! Rethinking whether I want to stay there. Margate or Longport is looking pretty good about now!
- Al DiBona: Unless your’re born there you don’t stand a chance.
- Eric Matuzsan: Speak with council member Rick Delucry as he spear headed the ice cream business as Mayor Guenther and Councilman Andy Simpson insisted we have these businesses.
- Dante Dottavio: WTF THERE FOOD WAS F***ING AWESOME! PROB SOME LIBERALS COMPLAINED ABOUT THEM!
- Karl Pyatt: All vendors MUST be licensed and regulated to do business on our public lands. The beaches and waterways not free enterprise zones for businesses to exploit for personal gain. The alternative is to have countless vendors walking up down the beaches hawking jewelry, soda, time shares etc etc etc t…
- Cindy Borst Orenstein: REAL SAD!
- Daria Christinzio Harasym: That’s a real shame !!! What wrong with this town!!
- Tiffany Higginbotham: That is so wrong they had good food
- Bobby Hendrickson: Really? SMH!! I never had a problem at all with anything on their menu. Food was great! I actually looked forward to grabbing a bite to eat at the Water Weenie when I rode to Brigantine on my ski
- Jessica Morris-Mule: You really got to be kidding me!
- Jeremy Bowers: Sad- I went to ocean grove this weekend and it was great seeing all the vendors on the beach.. Brigantine- needs to get their act together.
- Maria Lewis: yet another stupid decision on behalf of County management…..let’s just blow ourselves up AGAIN and AGAIN…..
- Tom Russo: There must be a reason for these actions they just don’t randomly do this
- Margaret Hare: What is wrong with this town. They want to make it as unfriendly as possible!
- Mike Rossi: Got to love Brigantine. A great American example of communism (and I am probably the least political person you will ever meet) What a joke.
- Ryan Kohl: I’m Gonna cry
- Gerri Hurley Moore: How sad! They weren’t hurting anything and it was a nice convenience.
- Christian Lucia: How and why is this happening.
- John Storms: Ya gotta give em a taste of the profits to keep them off your back. It’s no different than the mafia.SEE MORE COMMENTS BELOW.