Brigantine Real Estate brokers, agents & builders know the truth. Brigantine’s most important economic driver is Real Estate.
Home building, buying, selling, repair, home-lifting, bulkheads, kitchen & bath upgrades, landscaping, painting, insurance, etc. This is just a small sampling of what drives the economy on Brigantine Island. When that Real Estate engine is compromised or fouled, the you-know-what can really hit the fan.
What’s fouling the Brigantine Real Estate marketplace? Is it a lack of beautiful beaches, a superior location, large lots, clean streets and a tremendous upside potential? No. We ace all of those attributes nicely.
The inconvenient truth is that Brigantine Real Estate values are stuck in the mud due to what’s happening inside Brigantine City Hall.
According to trusted the Real Estate website; Trulia, Brigantine home sale prices are down 32% year-over-year. The average Brigantine home sale took a $90,000 haircut this year.
Brigantine Real Estate lags and slips while other NJ shore towns are rebounding and nicely rising. Read more here. Yes, it all comes down to mis-management of this beautiful asset called Brigantine Beach Island.
A small sampling. Why Brigantine Real Estate is stuck or sliding backwards:
- Yearly tax hikes and non-nonsensical assessments
- $4 million of un-funded public union liability
- Well-documented fire department overtime abuse. see here
- 30+ empty retail businesses
- 12 new city employee hires in 2015
- ‘Links’ Golf Course losing $400,000 annually
- No reporting on Links Golf Course P & L and Pro-Shop inventory
- No reporting on ‘Mad Dog Morgan’ expenses & taxpayer subsidies
- No detail on $9,000 payment per month to Meadowbrook Golf of Florida
- Non-NJ State compliant accounting practices
- Limited accounting & financial oversight of beach tag & 4 x 4 fees
- Regular & expensive employee litigation against city
- City Clerk not providing accurate Council meeting minutes
- Local crime stats not being reported (like other towns)
- $150k+ Fire Chief is also a full-time Real Estate agent
- Police Chief un-approved, personal use of Brigantine (bb-nj.com) website
- Termination of on-demand viewing of Council meetings (vital to part-time residents)
The items above make it much tougher to sell your Brigantine home. Talk with your Real Estate agent. They’ll likely deny that any of this true, even though this list is 100% accurate and well-documented. It’s true. Brigantine Real Estate is getting clobbered, while City Hall and public unions keep getting big raises and even sweeter contracts.
Maybe it’s time to have a chat with your neighbors or acquaintances in the Brigantine Real Estate business? Their silence is at the root of Brigantine’s problem. Some say this deafening silence is like the beloved football coach; Joe Paterno, ignoring an obvious and horrible wrong-doing at Penn State.
Have a Brigantine friend, neighbor or relationships with a local Realtor? Are they quiet, neutral, ignorant or oblivious to this well-documented Brigantine City Hall mis-management? If so, they’re just as guilty as those with a hand in the cookie jar. Their silence…. is killing your Brigantine home value.
Brigantine Real Estate agent; Bob McClay blaming City Council for this ‘scam’.
Watch Video Below >