Winter Storm Warning:
A strong coastal nor’easter will affect Brigantine. Storm force wind gusts (55-65 mph) are likely. Moderate coastal flooding is likely; the high tides of most concern are the ones around midday Wednesday, November 7th and the following high tide Wednesday night.
- Moderate to severe beach erosion.
- This nor’easter will have greater impact than usual, because of Sandy.
- Threat of snowfall with this storm; some locations may see over 3 inches.
- Impact from coastal flooding and strong wave action will be worsened due to Sandy.
- Dunes have been weakened or washed away; bulkheads damaged or destroyed.
- Coastal storm defenses have been seriously compromised.
- Err on side of caution when dealing with this nor’easter.
- With temperatures mainly above freezing, snow will more likely accumulate on grassy surfaces than pavement.
- Snow may also stick to trees & power lines, potentially causing additional problems.