The Brigantine Community Education and Recreation Department is proud to announce the 2014 Winter Program for the residents of Brigantine. Courses to be offered starting the week of January include: Ballroom and Latin Dancing, Intro to Piano, Digital Photography, Ukulele, Jewelry Making and CPR.
Increased emphasis has been placed on the Fitness course offerings: Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Spin Class, Qigong, Shape Up, Zumba, and Zumba Sentao – Ballet Barre will be offered.
- ‘For Seniors Only’ specials include: Computers, Yoga, Senior Lite and Zumba Toning.
- ‘For Kids Only’ specials include: Chess, Photography an Enrichment program and Shop and Drop.
- The Cultural Arts program will include: Painting in Acrylics, and Intermediate Watercolors.
Recreational Activities will include: Indoor Soccer, Basketball Clinics, Dodgeball, High School Basketball, Adult Coed Volleyball, Badminton, Adult Soccer Pickleball and Indoor Youth Activities.
The 2014 Concert Series will begin on April 10 with Jim Craine and The All Stars performing at the North School Auditorium. Thirteen concerts will be performed from April to December.
- A trip to see the Broadway musical “The Bridges of Madison County” is set for Wednesday, April 9.
- The CER is offering a 16-day Southeast Asia Cruise Feb. 27–March 16, 2014; a seven-day, six-night bus trip to Savannah and Charleston June 1–7, 2014; and a 10-day trip to Northern Italy Sept. 21–30, 2014.
Brochures are available at City Hall, County Library, the Links, the Fitness Center, the Brigantine Beach Community Center, and most Brigantine stores and restaurants. For details, or if a brochure is not available, call the CER at 609-264-7350.
Submitted by Jim Mogan