The 15-year-old Shark Park playground in Brigantine is ready for it’s long overdue make-over. Thanks to local residents that used the Internet to voice their concern, Brigantine Council was forced to act, and fast. Local resident; Paul Amalfitano, is leading volunteer effort.
Phase 1 completed by June 30:
- Clean-up. Removal trash & overgrown vegetation
- Replacing swing seats and slides
- Complete safety check of structures
- Wood mulch ground covering replaced by engineered wood fiber
Phase 2 starts in October:
- Focus on deteriorating structures
- Wood with touchable ‘contact points’ removed to prevent splinters
- Underlying superstructure will remain
- Mulch replaced with poured rubber-composition floor.
- Portions of park re-engineered, brought up to code
- Name pickets from fence removed and re-installed on new wall to acknowledge donations