We’ll admit it. Not happy that Brigantine Police Chief, Jim Bennett, is retiring.
For years, we scratched our head wondering why the heck Jim never got the top slot….sooner. But, Bennett served Brigantine well. He put his time in.
Bennett is one of the most respected, most professional Police Chief, the island of Brigantine has ever had.
After 26 years of service, Brigantine Police Chief Bennett has announced his retirement, effective April 1.
- Bennett served in the US Army as a Special Nuclear Weapons Artillery Communication and Intelligence Specialist.
- After the service, he returned to his hometown of Brigantine and was hired as a full time Police Officer.
- Son of former beach patrol captain, Bill Bennett
- Bennett has served as Emergency Management Coordinator.
- In January 2016, Bennett was named Brigantine Police Chief.
- Bennett is well known for his tech-savvy. He was instrumental in BPD’s computer and communication system, reverse 911 system and the City website.
Most would agree. Chief Bennett improved upon the already strong, public image of the Brigantine Police Department.
“Jim took it to the next level” say residents and visitors alike.
Jim Bennett now gets to spend more time with friends and family, especially his wife Kathy and their daughter, Mary.
Will Jim now sit back in a rocking chair and enjoy retirement? Hmmmm. Doubt it. We think Jim has plenty of options to choose from for his next career challenge.
Good Luck Jim. And thank you for your 26 years of service to Brigantine.